-->

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Two Cents on Jim Caldwell's Firing...


Yes, the Colts were 2-14 last season, and yes, Caldwell made some questionable calls during his stint here. However, I don't believe he should have been fired. I believe the reason that the Colts played so badly last season without Peyton is because they refused to draft or trade for a decent backup QB. They have had ample opportunity to do so.

While I despise the New England Patriots, I have to admire how they continued to play well when they lost their star quarterback, Tom Brady, to injury back in 2008. They still won 11 games with backup QB Matt Casssel.

There's no reason the Colts couldn't have drafted someone like Cassel. So, I think Caldwell's firing is mostly window dressing and a bit misguided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FIRST ROAR

It was sometime during the summer of 1964; I don't remember the exact date. The hometown St. Louis Cardinals were in the middle of one o...