-->

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

An Offline Game That Lurks Inside....

Because I don't live in a Wi-Fi hotspot, I'll lose internet service once in a while due to foul weather conditions or poor cable bill management. When this happens, I find myself at the mercy of an offline laptop where I rediscover the fun of of playing the Microsoft Windows version of Free Cell. (I'm thinking that Bill Gates himself must be a Free Cell aficionado because the game is offered on every Windows operating system I've ever encountered.)



Free Cell (the Windows version) includes the following items:

  • One standard 52-card deck
  • Four open cells
  • Four open foundations (one for each suit) to build upon
  • Eight randomly dealt card cascades in stacks of either seven or six cards
  • One player

The player wins Free Cell when he or she moves all the cards to the foundation piles. I find the game quite addicting. I get peeved when I lose especially when conventional wisdom says all Free Cell games are winnable expect one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FIRST ROAR

It was sometime during the summer of 1964; I don't remember the exact date. The hometown St. Louis Cardinals were in the middle of one o...