-->

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Still Filling a Niche...

I think reports of print's death "are greatly exaggerated". Remember, back in the 1980s, many experts predicted that music videos will will kill the radio star.



While it's not a big as it once was, radio, nevertheless, is still a viable medium. It fills a niche.

E-books are wonderful. However, I believe printed books and documents, like radio, will fill a niche. Electronics, even with batteries and satellites, still has its limitations. The need and desire to read still exceed this technology, and I believe, this is where print has its niche.

By the way, I've yet to across any e-book technology that can turn pages as fast as I can manually with an old-fashioned, printed book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE FIRST ROAR

It was sometime during the summer of 1964; I don't remember the exact date. The hometown St. Louis Cardinals were in the middle of one o...